Smart, Simple Building Consents.
We spent 6 months listening to the pain points of people who apply for and process building consents throughout New Zealand.
With our engagement we've found
- Financial uncertainty
- High anxiety over when their building consent will be granted
- Delays adding more time and costing more money
- Restrictions on ability to manage resources effectively
Frequently receiving applications with missing or wrong information, this increases the number of requests for information (RFI) sent per consent
Co-designed a solution
We have worked closely with 20 home and business owners, 50 agents and 15 councils from around NZ in co-designing a solution.
Vizbot v0.1, a customer facing web platform
A smart application process
Visibility of the status of the consent within councils
Early access to council notes to help prepare for RFI
We have found a way to
- Reduce unexpected additional fees
- Provide clarity over when their consent is going to be granted
- Return a sense of control over the application process
- Provide a smart application guiding agents through the building consent process
- Better manage subcontractor and client expectations through seeing the status of consents within councils
- Increase the quality of building consent applications
- Provide better customer service outcomes
- Gain greater efficiencies meaning less time is spent on painful tasks